Things about The Lost Boys that really are appalling:
1. Being known as that actor who was in The Lost Boys
Kiefer ‘24’ Sutherland who plays Vampire David in this went on to do OK for himself: everyone else’s career could be summed up by the phrase ‘fair to middling’. Jason Patric, who plays older brother and Jim Morrison wannabe Michael Emerson went on to have a fair career, Speed 2 aside. Younger brother Corey Haim went on to have a perversely obscure career. Dianne Wiest (mum) didn’t fare much better, but at least has cashed a decent number of Law & Order pay checks. Alex Winter who played Vampire Marko didn’t do a lot after Bill & Ted.
2. Early 80’s Jon Bon Jovi hairstyles – from the dawn of extension technology, when they were still made of yak hair and affixed to the head with porridge.
3. Tim Cappello: half sax, half wax-beast, and neither in a good way.
4. Sam Emerson’s shirt collection
Having a vampire for a brother is the least of this guys problems.
5. Sam Emerson’s duster coat
only appears in one scene, but still manages to be the most shocking thing about the movie. You will have haunting nightmares.